Last updated December 25, 2021
HorrorTrain.com is a subsidiary of Casa Grande Press, LLC which has associated properties, including other niche book-related websites, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media presences. We provide a service to help you learn more about free books and to recommend books to read.
Your Personal Data
Here at HorrorTrain.com we take your privacy seriously. So seriously, in fact, that we do not collect any information on you, except for our technical logs, see below.
We do not collect cookies, emails, names or any other information about you.
Data Collected on This Website
Web server logs and security
When you visit HorrorTrain.com, information about your device, operating system and browser, and your IP address are automatically saved in log files. This serves a number of purposes, including helping to keep the website secure and helping to diagnose any bugs and issues with our site. We do not use this data for marketing, nor do we sell this data.
- IP address of the device from where the HTTP request originated
- Date and time when the web server processed the request
- Request line (HTTP method, requested object, protocol)
- HTTP response code
- Size of the object sent as a response (in bytes)
- Other generic information such as the requester’s user-agent string
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how our website is used, such as what countries our visitors are browsing from, and what pages are the most popular. The data gathered is anonymous and cannot be used to identify individual users. Google uses a cookie with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymous and contains no personally identifiable information, but it does contain a visitor’s IP address. Our site does not collect or store this information, only Google does. Google does not associate your IP address to any other data Google owns.
Google may transfer the information it collects to third parties when asked to do so by law, or where those third parties process the information on behalf of Google. By using this website, you consent to Google collecting data about you in the manner and for the purposes described above. If you would like to delete your navigation data – please remove your ga cookies and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On. To download all the data Google stores about you visit https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard. To delete specific data Google has gathered, go to myactivity.google.com/myactivity and choose ‘Delete activity by’.
In accordance with US and European law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have numerous rights to the personal data any website holds on you, including:
- Right to confirmation – you have the right to know if we hold any of your personal data. (We do not.)
- Right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from our systems
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact us page on this website. Read more about GDPR here.